Botanistix

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

 
Hi  While all of the US is in  heatwave mode, we are expecting babies.  Of course I am talking about the family of Doves that settled into one of my extra hanging, wooden orchid pots.  Papa has been protectively dive bombing me and Mama just stares intently as I walk the dog under the tree.  Here you can see her one eye staring at me.  Ahhh, nature at its best!
   Today, I panty- hosed ( with blue no less, who gave me those?)  3 more Dendrobiums orchids to my trees in 
hopes of seeing some very pretty blossoms in the Fall.  Its always a conundrum on the best tree to choose. 
 Light, sun and access to sprinkler system is the key to longterm success.  Since the sun is always moving it
 sounds easier than it sometimes is.  More to follow.

Onto food!  Last night I made "Connie's white clam sauce" for friends here.  Quite wonderful. I can say that
 because no matter how many times I make the dish, it is always Connie's recipe, so she gets the compliments! 
 Other friends brought a great gazpacho ( a version of Ina's recipe) and an baby arrugala & heirloom tomato 
salad.  For dessert I did chocolate covered frozen
 bannana pieces which were likesmall ice cream bites & biscotti, chocolate of course.
 Hope you are all grilling & cooking up some good
 summer times. 
Great gardening quote...
You can bury alot of troubles digging in the dirt....Isn't that the truth!   
Enjoy the last half of summer and all of its wonderful fruits, tomatoes, corn & flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment