Botanistix

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Making the Most of your Views

   Summer is flying by, its Aug this weekend!  Hopefully, your flower beds are at their peaks.  Did you do all that you wanted to do in the garden this season?  I have tried very hard over the past few years to make my window views something that attract me as I walk by.  When I wake up and open the shutters, the first thing I see are my orchids and bromeliads growing on my palm trees.  All winter I see the beautiful blooms.  Each summer I add to the trees knowing that next winter, I will be rewarded with more blooms.  I  have consciously tried to make the large planters outside my kitchen attract my  eye so that when I am doing dishes, I have something else to focus on.   The same is true for our front door, which is mostly glass.

   Recently, I hung an unused chandelier on my tree outside my dining room.  When I entertain I use the small battery operated candelabra  lights and everything glistens.  I also keep glass ornaments on that tree.  When the lights are on,  the reflection on the glass makes me do a double take.  Its all about keeping it interesting, if only for ourselves.

    Consider this a small reminder before your season is over.  What can you do with the remaining months to make next summer's views even more special?    Each season you can be a little closer.

   Our gardens are always a work in progress like us, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment