Botanistix

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Maximize your Lighting



Well Its that time of year when even those of us who are are not lighting experts will be dragging out the christmas lights to join in the neighborhood tradition.   I recently hung an unused chandelier in my orchid tree to give some interest when we are dining at the  dining room table.  The low lights really set off the chandelier and the  green apples that hang from it.  Then I decided to hang some glass 12" vertical 'things' under the tree as well.  They were that strange purchase from years ago.  You know the kind where you tell yourself I 'll figure something to do with them 'in the future.'  Well, I found something to do with them and with low lighting,  I am getting some nice reflection out the them.  Its  exactly what I was looking for...and everything is better when the orchids and flowers are blooming on the tree.  The Phalenopsis plants are putting off their shoots and very soon there will be nice color in the tree to go along with the sparkle of everything else!  With lighting and some props, a simple view can be greatly enhanced.

Now I really do need to get to the Christmas lights.  How about you?  Do you still decorate your outdoors?  We do, but not to the degree we used to, thankfully!

Have a great holiday season.  Whatever it is you celebrate, we celebrate along with you!
Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment