Botanistix

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Whats really under the flower arrangements

Happy New Year!

I love flowers and I am assuming most of you do as well!  My foyer table always has a seasonal arrangement.  Sometimes its orchids with succulents, flowers or other plants.  I am obsessed with great containers, which for me makes or breaks the look.  How to make all the different sized pots work in a large container is the trick, right?  

Homes are staged, mannequins are staged (with pins) and so should our containers holding multi sized pots.  I  always have risers.  I use tops of detergent bottles, plastic food containers, you name it, beneath mine you never know what I will have.  Its crucial for height variation.  My second bugaboo is keeping the pots in the center straight, (vertical.)  I use packaging whether cardboard or hard kraft paper.  I am ok with the side pots having a slant to them because it looks more natural.  If you are using fresh flowers dropped in here & there,  the florist vials are great to just tuck in wherever you want them.  Just do not forget to check them every other day for a refill. 

 Christmas is great because it gives us a license to be very sparkly!  Those bulbs can hide a lot of your props.  In the top photo I have an orchid pot squeezed in the crystal vase with Stargazer Lilies in floral vials.  Below you can see I used large gold flower bulbs to hide my props then I used fresh off the tree moss.  How lucky we are here in SW Florida,  our moss is so beautiful and alive, nothing like the packaged moss.  I recently learned moss is part of the bromeliad family, which loves our tropical environment.



















Finally,  I like to raise the container off the tabletop.  I especially love cake stands for this.

Its all about keeping it interesting for us, after all, we are the ones who will be walking by everyday, right?  Soon I will be incorporating my Valentines Day decor into something fun, then Easter & Spring as I am sure you will be too.    Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment